Established in 1902
E S Mowat & Sons is a family-owned business whose head office is located in Durban, South Africa. The Company has branches in Johannesburg and Pietermaritzburg. E S Mowat & Sons is a business which manufactures, markets and supplies high quality innovative products for industry that is backed by competent and responsive customer support.
We strive to serve our customers in an ethical and professional manner.
Founded by Eric Sinclair Mowat in 1902, over a century later Patricia Mowat, the founder’s granddaughter is at the helm. She follows in the footsteps of her grandfather and his sons Eric Matheson Mowat and Ken Alexander Mowat.
Over this period a joint venture agreement was signed with W Canning Ltd of Birmingham, United Kingdom. W Canning was taken over by MacDermid Inc, a world leading specialty chemical company, which has resulted in the grouping of considerable technical research facilities and product development programmes and resources. Agency agreements have also been concluded with a number of local and international companies, all leaders in their field, with the Company providing them with representation throughout South Africa.
E S Mowat and Sons has been a member of the Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry since 1916. Quality products, excellent service, valuing people and sound ethical business practice have been E S Mowat and Sons’ trademark, enabling the firm to survive, adapt and grow through two World Wars, the great Depression and many business cycles. The Company’s success and longevity can also be attributed to its ability to adapt to changing market conditions with a diverse range of products.